Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Friends don’t let friends drink and….

….register for races!


We know that alcohol often fills us with courage to do or say things we may not normally do or say.  Race registration can sometimes fall into this category.  Many a gingerbread martini or glass of pinot grigio have contributed to a more aggressive than usual list of upcoming races.


So today, I find myself registered for at least 8 races (with the possibility of a 9th Fat Ass run) that will carry me through May.  And it’s in partial thanks to alcohol.  That and the fact that registering for races is fun and addicting!   

Between working my butt off, getting ready for the holidays, and registering for all these races, I haven’t devoted much time to writing lately.  I do miss it and you!  I’m sure this list of races will provide great content for race reports and other running adventures to share with you. 


Who else is filling up their calendars with races?  



8 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I remember one night at midnight my time, 2 am EST, I was calling one of my best friends who lives on the East Coast to make absolutely sure that it was OK to register us (both her and me) for a race when the cheaper registration deadline was at midnight Pacific time. There *might* have been some alcohol in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally normal....we've all been there :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jingle Bell 1/2, Happy MerryThon (a 1/2), Derry 16 miler, Martha's Vineyard 20 miler, Black Cat 20 Miler, the new Earth Rock Run Marathon (North Andover MA), and rounding it out with Pineland Farms 50K. Phew, I'm tired typing that!!!!

      Delete
    2. whoa!! that's a full schedule! Run, girl, run!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great year planned so far! A little liquid courage doesn't always have to be a bad thing!
    Sadly, I don't have any races on my calendar for next year yet! I'm still debating with road/trail to take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had quite a race heavy year this year, so you deserve a little time to lay back and take some time!

      Delete
  4. You are too funny :) My race calendar is pretty full as well. I ran about 16 races in 201 and got really brave in 2014. I registered for 3 marathons already and I didn't even have anything to drink yet!

    ReplyDelete