Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Ability to be grateful at all times


Grateful that I got through 14 miles of this last weekend without slipping and sliding –


Grateful for this gem that made me smile in the midst of the snow and rain on that run –

Grateful for a friend who asks, “Wanna run 17-18 with me at the beach” and runs 20 with me instead -

Grateful for cool scenes on a 20 mile run (more snow falling; snow where there should be sand) –

Grateful for an opportunity to stretch out my hamstrings post-20 miler (no choice here….beach house still plowed in) –


I won’t pretend to have enjoyed all aspects of this winter’s training, but as long as I stay open to the good things that are happening around me, I am grateful.

I’m even more grateful that it is officially Spring.  Now, go away snow.  My gratitude for you is on thin ice.  No pun intended.


4 comments:

  1. You had a great winter, Lisa! You 'da woman! Lovin' the smile on Sue's face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we did keep on keepin' on, so I guess not so bad :)

      Delete
  2. I love that you can find so many things to be grateful for even with all that snow and cold!!!

    ReplyDelete