Life's little adventures, accompanied by a running watch

Saturday, May 27, 2017

A Tale of Two Pisgahs

During our exploration of North Carolina back in 2015, Scott and I took a hot air balloon ride over the Pisgah Mountains.  I had no idea the elevation was as high, if not higher, than some of the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  That white-knuckle adventure is indelibly imprinted in my memories!

Pisgah, NC


Today, as Scott and I ventured out on a morning run/hike in Pisgah State Park –in New Hampshire – I felt so grateful to be able to live so close and “play” in such a beautiful place.  

 



Pisgah, NH
 
  


By the end of our 11 mile adventure, my feet were tender!  So many ups....so many downs. Official elevation (according to Garmin) was 1795'.  


Extra bonus:  our adventure collided with a local trail race.  We got to cheer some runners on and give extra cheer to Arne and Maggie, friends from our running community.  Fun!

Both Pisgahs were beautiful, however I prefer exploring with my feet on the ground and not 5000' feet above!



No comments:

Post a Comment